More 2024 headaches for Biden as list of potential presidential challengers grows
1. Climate change: As the global climate crisis continues to worsen, the Biden administration will face a growing pressure to enact more aggressive plans to mitigate and adapt to the impacts of climate change, as well as to advance global climate action.
2. Rising economic inequality: The Biden administration will have to grapple with the rising economic inequality across the U.S. and the world as bottom-line wages and wealth have seen faster growth due to technological and economic changes than mid-level earnings, creating a larger income gap.
3. Global challenges: Biden will face profound geopolitical challenges, including the threat of nuclear proliferation, continued rifts among nations, and persistent regional conflicts that seem to be getting worse.
4. Immigration reform: Immigration reform remains an unconquered battle for politicians in Washington, and Biden will need to push for reform that won’t alienate any party.
5. Healthcare access: Biden has promised the American people healthcare access before the end of his first term in office. He will have to thread the needle between expanding coverage and reforming other parts of the healthcare system.
6.Gun violence: Regulating guns in the U.S. is a politically volatile issue. The Biden administration will need to balance the individual right to bear arms with the realities of gun violence in entry to find a workable solution that satisfies both sides of the debate.
7. Racial justice: Racial injustice continues to be a major issue in the United States, and Biden will have to wrangle with a powerful, vociferous opposition as he pushes for the reforms necessary to address it.
8. The Affordable Care Act: Conservatives in Congress and the courts remain steadfastly opposed to the Affordable Care Act, and they are making moves to chip away at its protections. Biden will need to defend the healthcare law and stand up to opponents.
9. Growing demands for police reform: Calls to reexamine the role of police in U.S. communities have become louder in recent years. Biden will need to address this issue while still respecting law enforcement personnel who work to serve and protect communities.
10. Growing list of potential presidential challengers: As the election nears, the pool of potential challengers to the Biden administration is likely to grow. Biden will need to be aware of these candidates and their potential arguments to maintain the edge he needs to win.